Monday, March 14, 2011

Thankfulness

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson



As you know expressing Thankfulness is my number one goal.  I've decided that I will make a list each week of things I am Thankful for.

1.) I am Thankful for family and friends.  Even though they know everything there is to know about you, they still love you.
2.) I am Thankful for the sunrise each day.  It's a sign of beginnings, a new day to make choices and to learn and grow as individuals. 
3.) I am Thankful for the earth.  Everything we need to survive is at our fingertips, we just need to remember how to use it.  I am Thankful for plants to eat, for air to breathe, clean water to drink, and being able to afford to buy all the food I need and not have to grow it myself.  (Not sure the not having to grow it myself is actually a blessing and not a curse.....thoughts??)
4.) I am Thankful for a comfortable place to live.  There are many others right now, worldwide, that don't have homes, that don't have beds and blankets and a roof over their heads.  I am very very thankful that I do.
5.) I am Thankful for simple living.  One of my goals is going back to a simpler, more natural and homemade lifestyle.  Eating organic foods, less meat (do we need to eat meat with every meal?), more fruits/vegetables, and more whole grains.  Just simplify, organize, and cut out all the junk.  I want to be do more crafts and make things myself, not store buy every little thing.  I guess just go back to the basics.  More needs, less wants, with a few exceptions.  :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment