Monday, April 2, 2012

Much needed update

Avery Elaine was born on November 21, 2011.  She was 6 lbs 8 oz and 18 inches long.  She is now a little over 4 months old and weights 11 lbs 3 oz and is 23.5 inches long.  She is the greatest part of our lives.  She is the best little baby ever and we love her more than anything.  So, we'll consider goal number 33 complete.  :)





I am still working regularly on goals 1 and 2, to be more Thankful and in the Present.  Having Avery makes me still want to plan and prepare for the future, to make sure that she'll always be protected and taken care of.  I have about a million contingency plans.  Hey, I'm a Pisces, what can I say?

Goal 3: I lost about 15 lbs during my pregnancy, my goal now is to lose another 30.  Yes, another 30.  I know my original goal was 30, but why not just see what happens.

Goal 4: Eating right, Keith and I are already starting to do this since all the weight I lost during the pregnancy he says he managed to pickup.  We are trying to eat whole grains, fruit, veggies, and protein.  We're cutting out fast food, white/starchy foods.  Our goal is that this affects Avery as she gets older and she always eats healthy.

Goal 5: Debt free.  We are almost there.  We have the Infiniti car payment and my school loan left to pay off.  The school loan should be gone by the end of the year, the Infiniti should be paid off by the end of next year, a year and a half early.  :) 

Goal 6:  I have been doing well scrapbooking/making photobooks, well, for the most part.  I have made two for Avery, one of her 2 week pictures and one of the first 3 months of her life.  I have also made one of my pregnancy, minus month nine.  I have laid out her 'birth' scrapbook, but haven't started it yet.  I am debating waiting until we move to do that, or maybe until I have some time, alone, at home to do it....but then again, when I have time alone it most likely won't be spent scrapbooking anyway.  More like napping, shopping, or something.

Goal 7:  I haven't been doing too bad writing in my journal.  I keep it close by the couch, with a pen, so after Avery is asleep I see it and try to write things down.  Her growth and development progress, my thoughts and feelings about being a wife, mother, and working.  About the political scene in America, etc.  My thoughts and feelings on the future, or what have you are all included.

Goals 8-11: I am taking a Zumba class and I am going to start a Couch to 5k class I believe.  The rest, I haven't done anything about, yet.

Goal 12: I haven't read anything not fictional in awhile, but I will.  I have a few gardening and recipe books I checked out of the library....so that's a start.

Goal 13: I went with Keith to see John Carter the other day - then he went with me to the Hunger Games.  My parents watched Avery both times for our 'dates'.  We try to do something every other week that involves just the two of us.  Though Keith does have 'daddy day' as he watches her on Mondays.

Goal 14: Nope

Goal 15: Going to need to make time to do this, I believe it's becoming more important for me to do so.

Goal 16: We have plans for travel, hopefully sometime in September we'll go somewhere.  I did get to go to New Orleans for a work trip last year, several times, but not for 'fun'.  I don't know if our fall trip will be US based or not.  Should be fun to find out.  We are going to Monterey next week for a 'work trip'.

Goal 17: We are going to Rome in 2014, I think.  I think in 2013 Keith and I will take a trip for our 5th anniversary; that is if we don't have a newborn or I'm not pregnant.  If so, then, well, maybe 2014 is our big trip. 

Goal 18: Doubt this is going to happen, but we'll see.

Goal 19: I designed a nursery for Avery, photos attached.



Goal 20-27: Haven't started on, at all.  Guess I need to get a move on.

Goal 28: I am reading a lot of blogs, websites, and books on the survival, self-sustaining thing.  It's very interesting.  Apparently Keith and I are 'Preppers'. :) 

Goal 29-32: Hmm, off all of these I am reading more about politics, but there is only so much I can stomach and worry about with a cute little baby girl to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment